The Ketch Has Landed!

We arrived!  Safe and sound.  We hit the dock at about 3AM.

We were all the very cliche’ of sailors fresh on land.  As we walked down the dock we were weaving from side to side. I found out I had to learn to pick my feet up when I walked!  I was dragging my heels!  But it was a delight to have warm dry stable places to sit, stand and sleep!

The crew has diverted to their next adventures.  I can’t say enough about them.  Even when things were not going well, they never complained (or at least not so I could hear!)  Thanks Steve and Tom, you two make the trip not just easier, but possible.

I spent most of yesterday drying out the boat, and doing laundry, trying to get things put back in good order.

Thanks everybody for the comments.  I can’t read them while I am underway, but I went through them all after I landed.

It will take me a week or two to get things settled here, and then it is back to Florida to the new boat.  Posting will resume when I get there and I’ll introduce you all our new home…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Underway. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Ketch Has Landed!

1. Marlys says:

Awesome you all made it safe. Will be waiting to hear more. Yay!!!! Marlys

2. modryja says:

Thank you Bill! As Tom’s mom, your daily blog was the most impotant thing I’d read each day.
    Sounds like it was the perfect adventure- the last four days maybe not so perfect, but certainly adventurous!

• Bill Kinney says:

I am glad you liked it, and I was able to keep it coming every day for you! It was, as you say, an adventure. Fortunately everybody had a good attitude, which kept it an adventure and not an ordeal.

• Geralyn Strella says:

It was nice to read your daily updates. I stumbled upon this site when we were trying to find your location. I am Stephen’s mother. Steve has spent the last few years on the ocean working on commercial fishing boats as a government biologist, so I try not to worry and knowing he was with Tom and having these daily updates helped. Thanks.

• Bill Kinney says:

Geralyn,

Glad you enjoyed it! Steve thought reading it would have made you worry MORE as I discussed the challenges we faced. I am glad I conveyed that things were in control even as we sorted problems out.

Bill

3. Kevan says:

So glad you made it in last night. Looking forward to hearing of your next adventure.